Fab Foundation UK provides:
The benefits listed below will be rolled out in different phases over the first years.
[For a full list of benefits, including terms and conditions, after reading the summary below, please click here]
- Advice and supplementary funding for established and aspiring FabLabs
- Access to the members mailing lists
- Access to training courses at cost price
- The option to rent Fab Foundation UK’s mobile FabLab
- A Fab Foundation UK Advisor who will:
- Advise on raising funding locally to help establish the FabLab.
- Help develop sponsorship and support from local businesses.
- Show you how to help FabLab users gain meaningful employment.
- Advise on the viability, in confidence, of products and services developed within the FabLab, in commercial terms.
- Advise on developing viable products, services and programmes for different age and interest groups prior to launch.
- Assist in obtaining national, regional and/or local grants/funding for new businesses which have emanated from the FabLab.
The cost of membership is £25 per year, plus a £25 joining fee in the first year.
The first ten aspiring FabLabs/Makerspaces in the UK will not have to pay annual dues for the first year, just the joining fee of £25.
NB: All members are local and independent: The Foundation has no authority over its members